KESAR PHIRNI | DESSERTS

Celebrating Celebrations!! 
Happy birthday Slurpy Platter :)
CELEBRATING ONE YEAR OF SUCCESSFUL BLOGGING :) :)




Sometimes I wonder if I really had it in me to cook, bake, click and post! But turns out that this is a passion that is so deep and It's hard to give up. Barely an year ago while my hands were squandering time and whining about what I could possibly make out of my otherwise insipid life, Slurpy Platter came as a fresh lease of life! It infused a passion and love for food that opened up new vistas in me! ... 

Every time I tried my hands at something it would conjure up a gastronomical delight that surprised me to the core and instilled a remarkable confidence that I CAN do anything that my mind fancies as long as i put my heart and soul into it :).  Slurpy Platter was born exactly a year ago on this very day! and it has been a piece of my heart that's living out of me :):) I cannot help but feel ecstatic about this eventful milestone that has given me so much to celebrate and cherish everything that has been special to me. 

A spring of gratitude emerges as I write this post and Thank the One ABOVE for showering patience, love, passion and perfection in what I do. Without the blessing of Goddess Annapoorneshwari I really wouldn't have been able to achieve this level of perfection and the sheer love for cooking :) 

A very special and heartfelt thanks to my dearest husband ARU, who has been a pillar of unstinted support in encouraging me at every step and being my mentor in photography and for also designing this blog for me :) I cant Thank Him enough for everything that he's been to me :) 

An extended thanks to all you readers who follow and give prompt feedback on the recipes. Your feedback is what brightens my day up :) 

What would I possibly do without Google and the technology??!! Without the social media my blog could've never reached the corners of the world. I'd be mean if I dont thank the social media channels for helping me reach out to the world . Facebook, Twitter,  Pinterest, G+ phew!! THANKS A TON!! 
 :) :) 

So 2013 has been an eventful year in terms of learning, exploring and clicking away :) 
Signing off 2013 and ushering 2014 with new dreams, hopes and a fruitful year :) 
Wish You all a very happy 2014!!

To commemorate a year of blogging... I'm posting KESAR PHIRNI :) I've neither tasted or tried this recipe.. It's out of sheer curiosity that I tried this and it turned out to be the perfect dessert for the perfect occasion. Do try and let me know how it turns.

 


Serves- 6-8 cups
Shelf Life- 2 days ( refrigerated) 





Ingredients
Basmati Rice 1 cup
Milk 1 litre
Sugar 1 ½ cups
Saffron strands/ yellow food colour A generous pinch
Assorted nuts, roasted ¼ cup
Directions
1. Wash and Soak basmati rice for 5-6 hours. Drain the water and grind it to a fine paste along with 1 tbsp milk without adding water. In a small cup add a tablespoon of warm milk and soak the saffron strands in it. ( If you're using food color you can skip this step).



2. Bring milk to a boil and simmer, add the ground mixture and stir gently every 3 minutes on low flame. Make sure they don't form lumps ( if they do turn off the stove, let it cool and grind it again without adding anything).



3. Add sugar and give it a stir until the sugar dissolves. Now add the saffron milk and continuously until the mixture becomes thick and reaches this consistency. Garnish with nuts ( i used almonds and pistachios)  and refrigerate them for at least 3 hours. Enjoy while it's chill :)








Note

Labels: , , , , ,